This Could be the itchy, sneezy and sniffy time of the year for the People who are having Indoor Irritants. A lot of the people are spending more time indoors, This will increase their exposure to indoor allergens,” says Clifford W. Bassett, MD, author of The New Allergy Solution. He also suggested a smart way to get Control over indoor allergens.
Always be aware of eight-legged critters when the Thermometer goes low. When the Floor gets cold and the carpet is warm, Condensation will occur and this increases Dust mites which love Humidity,” says Estelle Levetin, Ph.D., a biologist at the University of Tulsa”. The most important hot zone was your bed (haha) when you get more often hanging around there at cold seasons. That time Dust mites may feed on dead skin cells.
To eradicate this: “Dust mites will spread in the fall,” says Andrew Murphy, MD, a fellow of the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology.
- Nix buildup by vacuuming (with a HEPA-filter vacuum) at least once a week.
- Use washable area Rugs
- Cover your Pillows and mattress with Protectors
- Wash your Blanket once a week with Hot water.
This Problematic fungus causes more damage during winter seasons, mainly for two reasons. Windows kept shut and humidifiers get cranked. So, the moisture present in the air gets increases and a mold-like layer will form which looks like a musty odor.
The process to Control Mold:
- Hardly Swipe the fungus affected areas using Bleach powder. (” For serious contamination from flooding or leaks, you’ll need a professional,” she adds.)
- Closely Monitor the Mold growing Conditions. Buy a device called a hygrometer to regulate the Humidity level to Prevent further Mold Spreading.
- Ventilate your Bathrooms, says Dr. Bassett. “Always turn the fan on while you shower, and leave the door cracked, too.”
Pet Dander (the tiny particles that shed from animals skin)
When your dog or cat gets frosty, it will play around the yard or Nap indoors. Which seems more pet danders in your house. “Pet dander is a sticky protein, so it grabs onto clothing, bedding, walls, windows everywhere,” says Dr. Murphy.
Control measures for Pet dander:
- Don’t allow your Pets to your Bedroom. “This may help lower allergen levels there,” Dr. Murphy says.
- Use HEPA Air Purifier. This will remove nearly 99% Air Spreading Particles.